A ‘Nikah’ or a marriage contract according to Islamic Law (Shariah) may be performed at the UKAMC & Cultural Centre. The Nikah ceremony at this centre can only be performed by the appointed Imams (Ministers of Religion) Imam Zymer Salihi and Imam Bahri Bojaj of the Centre.
The Nikah ceremony will normally take place in a hall specially arranged for that purpose. It can accommodate up to 50 guests. It will be helpful when booking a date for the Nikah ceremony, to specify the number of guests attending the ceremony. All persons attending the ceremony are kindly requested to observe the Islamic tradition of dressing in keeping with Islamic values. The management reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who does not comply with this request.
Documents required for Marriages:
- Valid Passports of the Bride and the Groom.
- Original Civil Marriage Certificate (extremely important).
- Proof of Residential Address in the UK.
- Conversion Certificate for new Muslims (Groom or Bride).
- Presence of two Muslim Male witnesses, with their ID’s.
- Presence of the Wali (the bride’s father or next of reliable male kin to the bride).
- Written declaration of the agreed Dowry (signed by both couple).
- A copy of the document can be obtained from the Registrar or downloaded from the website.
- If the bride or the groom has previously been married, then an Islamic divorce certificate is required.
- Please note that Certificates are usually issued in English, and there is a fee of £150 to be paid for this when the booking is made.
- Submit all above documents in originals to office when the booking is made. (In order to avoid any unnecessary inconvenience, please contact the Registrar on 020 7625 5789 or alternately at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment before planning to visit the Centre).
- There is a total fee of £250 when a marriage is contracted outside the UKAMC & CC premises. (excluding return travel costs for the Imam).
- For details on Marriage Booking, Hall Bookings form or other forms please contact the management at the UKAMC&CC.
The UKAMC&CC will issue two original certificates by the end of the Nikah ceremony, which should be kept in a safe place for any future reference. Please note that the Centre will not issue certificates for Nikah ceremonies taken place by other imams from different mosques outside the UKAMC&CC.
Please note that the centre does not hold any regular marriage introduction service.